The mission of the Muskingum Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity and communication between the student-athletes and athletics administration, protecting student-athlete welfare, and fostering a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the New Concord community.
SAAC was developed by the Muskingum athletic department to:
- Promote communication between the Muskingum athletics administration and its student-athletes.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues, including student-athlete welfare.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the Muskingum athletics department’s formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletic teams.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the community.
SAAC representatives from Muskingum's varsity sports have dedicated themselves to helping and promoting their fellow student-athletes, Muskingum, and the community. Their efforts have helped to enhance a tradition of involvement by Muskingum student-athletes.
The group meets monthly and is charged with discussing ongoing issues at Muskingum and around the country pertaining to intercollegiate athletics and student-athletes lives.
SAAC plans, organizes, and hosts the Annual Golden Hook Awards, a Hoops for Hunger food drive, and holds special promotions throughout the year at Muskingum athletic events.
SAAC Student Officers
SAAC Team Representatives
Women's Soccer - Jillian Laposky, Lauren Hertle
Men's Soccer - David Carlson, Mahfuz Yakubu
Baseball - Liam Carey, Quinten Collins
Softball - Sadie Smith, Olivia Rapol
Wrestling - Noah Dehainaut, Chase Meyer
Women's Lacrosse - Riley Zwagerman, Victoria Machado Diaz
Men's Lacrosse - Trevor Connolly, Drew Davis
Women's Basketball - Abby Boeing, Caitlyn DeMassimo
Men's Basketball - Ethan Taylor, Shane Knepp
Volleyball - Khloe Taylor, Abby Buchtel
Cross Country - Shane Funk, Alyssa Heinrichs
Track & Field - Hailey Stroud, Addison Cummins
Football - Toleo Malone, Hunter Albers
Women's Golf - Samantha Miller, Allison Jurkovic
Men's Golf - Cam Henry, Ethan Miller
Esports - Evan Kelsey, Dominic Tavella
Bowling - Andrew Amore, Kaylee Hauck
Archery - Wes Ellsworth, Kylee Brookover
STUNT - Tahlia Perdue, Katelyn Bailey
Tom Caudill - Assistant Athletic Director/Director and Assistant Professor of Sports Communication