Posted: Sep 21, 2019
The Muskingum women's soccer team earned a shut out victory against Defiance on Saturday afternoon, 3-0.
- Records: Muskingum (3-4), Defiance (3-4-1)
- Location: Defiance
- Game Length: 2:08
- The Muskies got the scoring started early in the first half off a goal from senior Abigail Wagner in the 12th minute, making the score 1-0.
- The second goal for the Muskies came from freshman Bekah Knight in the 83rd minute to make it, 2-0.
- The final score of the game for the Muskies came late in the second half off an own goal from Defiance in the 88th minute making the final score, 3-0.
- Junior Mary Double led the Muskie attack with six shots and five of those shots on goal.
- Sophomore Maddie Wirtley had six shots and two shots of goal for the Muskies.
- Sophomore Natalie Woodward had two shots and two shots on goal.
- The freshmen duo of Peyton Phillips and Kaitlyn Dawson each had two shots.
- Knight added two shots with one goal for Muskingum.
- Junior Katie Bodenmiller played 83 minutes between the pipes for the Muskies and made three saves on the evening.
- Freshman Paige Stringfellow played the last seven minutes in goal and made one save.
- The Yellow Jacket attack was led by Blake Newman with two shots and one on goal.
- Sarah Madaras also had two shots for the Yellow Jackets.
- Defiance goalkeeper Madi Bowman made 15 saves in goal.
- The Muskies ended the game outshooting the Yellow Jackets, 25-10.
- The Muskingum women's soccer team next travel to Bluffton on Sunday, September 22. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m. at the Sears Complex.