The Muskingum women's basketball team fell to the University of Mount Union Purple Raiders on Wednesday, 100-75. Junior Camay Baylock and sophomore Sarah Miller guided the Muskies with career-highs in points. Baylock grabbed a double-double, ending the night with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Miller chipped in 23 points, shooting 10-of-18 from the field.
- Records: Muskingum (3-15 overall, 1-12 OAC), Mount Union (11-9 overall, 5-8 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
- Attendance: 250
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 29-of-65 (44.6%) from the field which included hitting 12-of-17 (70.6%) from the charity stripe.
- Baylock finished the game shooting 9-of-14 (64.3%) from the field and 5-of-6 (83.3%) from the free-throw line.
- Freshman Casey Smith tallied 11 points, notched six rebounds, and recorded four assists.
- Junior Emily Yeager chipped in six rebounds.
- Sophomore Olivia Lang recorded three assists.
- Mount Union ended the contest shooting 37-of-78 (47.4%) in the field and 10-of-10 (100.0%) from the free-throw line.
- Elena Rauhe paved the way for the Purple Raiders with a team-high 19 points, shooting 7-of-10 (70.0%) from the field.
- Brianna Gassman registered 13 points.
- Hailey Peoples-O'Neil and Hannah Schaefer directed Mount Union with six boards each.
- Muskingum secured a 42-36 advantage in Points in the Paint.
In the first quarter, the Purple Raiders jumped out to an early 16-4 lead en route to taking a 24-11 lead after the opening frame. The Purple Raiders used a seven-point edge (25-18) in the second quarter to widen the deficit to 49-29 at the break.
- The Muskies next host the Heidelberg Student Princes on Saturday, February 8 for their Play4Kay and Hall of Fame game. The start time is set for 2:00 p.m. The Muskies will honor Athletic Hall of Fame inductees Tom Dillard '66 (Football), Trent Cubbison '89 (Track & Field), Jamie Eastham Jones '05 (Track & Field), and Kim Tackett '07 (Softball) during the halftime of the men's game which starts at 4:00 p.m.