Sep 17, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team earned a shut out win against Bethany on Tuesday night, 2-0.
- Records: Muskingum (5-0), Bethany (1-6)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 1:50
- The Muskies got the scoring started with an early first-half goal from freshman Edwin Palou in the 13th minute with an assist from sophomore Omar Lahbiki to make it, 1-0.
- The second goal of the game came from junior Jordan Work in the 56th minute off another assist from Lahbiki to make the final score, 2-0.
- Palou led the Muskie attack with five shots and one goal.
- Work added three shots and one goal.
- Lahbiki had three shots and two assists to led the Muskies.
- Senior Chase Michael Hillard added two shots on frame.
- Sophomore Ryan Peck also added two shots and had one shot on goal.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made three saves on the night.
- Brandon Shanklin led the Bison offense with two shots.
- Tony Cirri also added two shots for the Bison.
- Bison goalkeeper Torben Grether made 11 saves in goal.
- As the team, the Muskies outshot the Bison on the night, 23-8.
- The Muskingum men's soccer team next host Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday, September 18. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.