Mar 27, 2019
The Muskingum baseball team defeated Kenyon on Wednesday evening, 2-1.
- Records: Muskingum (5-12 overall, 0-2 OAC), Kenyon (13-6 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Mose Morehead Field
- Muskingum scored two runs on five hits
- Sophomore Matt Stewart led the Muskies going 3-for-4 at the plate and blasting a home-run.
- Senior Michael Pagano registered one hit and one RBI.
- Freshman Trey Yoder went 1-for-3 at the dish.
- Freshman pitcher Craig Nixon secured the win after allowing one run on 10 hits. Nixon pitched 8.0 innings and tallied three strikeouts.
- Freshman pitcher Josh Bigrigg tallied his second save after allowing no runs and no hits in the top of the ninth inning.
- Patrick O'Leary guided Kenyon at the plate by going 2-for-4.
- O'Leary took the loss on the mound for Kenyon. O'Leary allowed two runs on four hits and notched two strikeouts.
- Muskingum took the lead in the bottom of the fourth inning after Stewart knocked a home-run over the right field fence.
- In the bottom of the sixth inning, with two outs and one runner on second base, Pagano hit an RBI single to right field, granting the Muskies a 2-0 lead.
- Kenyon managed to get runners on second and third in the top of the eighth inning with no outs.
- Nixon, backed by the powerful Muskie defense, struck out the next three Kenyon batters to lift Muskingum out of the inning.
- In the top of the ninth inning, Kenyon began to make its comeback bid after a sacrifice fly allowed Paul Siciliano to score from third base.
- With two outs and the weight of the game on his shoulders, Bigrigg struck out Alex Gow and sent the Muskie fans screaming to their feet as Muskingum earned a hard fought victory at home.
- The Muskies next host Otterbein for a doubleheader on Saturday, March 30. Game times are slated for 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.