Posted: Mar 19, 2022
Behind sophomore Nate Keiser's clutch walk-off single, the Muskingum baseball team defeated Penn St.-Behrend, 7-6.
- Records: Muskingum (8-4 Overall), Penn St.-Behrend (5-7 Overall)
- Location: Mose Morehead Field
- Attendance: 100
- Sitting at 8-4 overall, the Muskies are off to their best start to a season since the 2016 campaign.
- After Penn St.-Behrend scored two runs in the top of the first inning, Muskingum was able to rally and plate two runs of their own in the bottom if the first.
- The Muskies added two more runs in the second inning off a two-run homer from junior Devin Ryan. Ryan's home run marked his third long ball of the season.
- After the Lions added a run in the third inning, the Muskies scored to more runs in the sixth to push their lead to 6-3.
- The Muskies would hold their lead until the top of the ninth where the Lions tied the game up at six apiece.
- With runners on first and second in the bottom of the ninth, sophomore Nate Keiser delivered a clutch two-out single up the middle to score sophomore Travis Reynolds and win the game.
Inside the Numbers
- The Muskies were led by junior Devin Ryan who finished 1-for-3 with two RBIs, two runs scored, and a home run.
- Sophomore Nate Keiser finished 2-for-5 with a run scored and the game-winning RBI.
- Senior Chayce Lundell and sophomore Quinten Collins each drove home an RBI for Muskingum as well.
- Senior Jake Norris threw six innings on the mound and gave up no earned runs. Norris recorded seven strikeouts on the afternoon.
- Sophomore Liam Carey earned the win after pitching three innings in relief. Carey gave up no earned runs and struck out two batters on the day.
- The Lions were led by Mac Ciocco who went 1-for-5 with two RBIs.
- The Muskies will be back in action again on Sunday, March 20, when they battle Penn St. Behrend. Game one of the doubleheader is slated for 12:00 p.m.