Mar 09, 2019
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team dropped a hard-fought battle at Bethany on Saturday afternoon, 17-11.
- Records: Muskingum (0-5 overall), Bethany (1-2)
- Location: Bethany, W.Va.
- Game Length: 2:02
- Freshman Carly Spitz led the Muskies with three goals and one assist.
- Sophomore Courtney Hines added three goals on a team-high 15 shots.
- Freshman McKenzie Fuller recorded two goals.
- Senior Amber Swartwood, junior Dani Crisp, and freshman Jacie Clifton all tallied one goal. Clifton also had a team-best five ground balls.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 40-33 advantage in shots.
- Sophomore Cieanna Jones played all 60 minutes in frame and made 11 saves and allowed 17 goals.
- Dearra Harrison and Lindsey Cornish led the Bison with four goals each.
- Trinity Dixon played the entire contest in goal and made 20 saves and allowed 11 goals.
- Bethany jumped out to an early 2-0 advantage before the Muskies scored four straight goals to take a 4-2 lead with 15:30 on the clock.
- Muskingum and the Bison each tallied two more goals to enter the break tied at 6-6.
- Bethany took the lead for good with three goals in the opening four minutes of the second half.
- The Muskies trimmed their gap to 9-8 before Bethany answered with three unanswered tallied to extend its lead to 12-8.
- Muskingum fought back with a pair of strikes but the Bison answered the Muskie surge by outscoring Muskingum 5-1 over the final eight minutes of play.
- Muskingum next hosts Waynesburg on Tuesday, March 12. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.