Oct 09, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team stumbled against OAC foe Wlimington losing Wednesday night, 5-0.
- Records: Muskingum (7-4-1,0-2), Wilmington (9-2-1,2-0)
- Location: Wilmington
- Game Length: 150
- The Quakers got the scoring started early in the first half from Zach Burgmeier off a penalty kick in the third minute to make it, 1-0.
- Wilmington got their second goal in the 14th minute from Ian Molfenter off an intercepted pass from the goalkeeper to make the score, 2-0.
- The Quakers got their third goal of the first half from Ian Molfenter's second goal of the game from inside the penalty box to make the halftime score, 3-0.
- Grant Murray got Wilmington's fourth goal late in the second half from inside the penalty box once again in the 74th minute making the score, 4-0.
- Wilmington got their fifth and final goal in the 83rd minute from Kevin Kamara off a nice throw-in to make the final score, 5-0.
- Leading the Muskie attack was sophomore Jeremiah Kusi who had one shot.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made three saves on the night.
- Leading the Quakers was Ian Molfenter with three shots and two goals.
- Zach Burgmeier also had three shots and added on goal.
- Kevin Kamara added two shots and one goal for Wilmington.
- Grant Murray had one shot and one goal for the Quaker offense.
- Wilmington goalkeeper Felix Maurer played all 90 minutes in goal.
- The Muskies next travel to play against OAC opponent Ohio Northern on Saturday, October 12. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at the ONU Soccer Field.