Posted: Sep 18, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team won their record setting sixth straight game and our off to their best start in program history after defeating Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday night, 4-1.
- Records: Muskingum (6-0), Mount St. Joseph (2-5)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 2:00
- The Muskies got the scoring started from freshman Edwin Palou getting a goal off an assist from junior Michael Horgan in the 34th minute making it, 1-0.
- The Muskies got their second goal late in the second half after senior Chase Michael Hillard got his penalty kick blocked and put in the rebound in the 43rd minute making the score, 2-0.
- Less than minute later sophomore Bailey Adams scored a goal off an assist from Palou in the 44th minute making the score going into halftime, 3-0.
- Sophomore Omar Lahbiki scored a goal early in the second half after taking it on his own past the defense and sneaking it past the keeper in the 49th minute, making it 4-0.
- The Lions were finally able to get on the scoreboard after a goal from Nathan Schmeusser in the 75th minute making the final score, 4-1.
- Lahbiki led the Muskie attack with three shots, three on goal, and one goal.
- Palou had three shots, two on goal, one goal, and one assist for the Muskies.
- Hillard had three shots, two on goal, and one goal.
- Adams had two shots and one goal on the night.
- Junior Jordan Work added two shots with one on goal.
- Horgan also had one assist for the squad.
- Junior William Chase Bradshaw played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and picked up his second win on year making three saves.
- The Lions were led by Nathan Schmeusser who had five shots, three on goal, and one goal.
- Cole Mericle added two shots for the Lions.
- The Muskies ended the night outshooting the Lions, 17-12.
- The Muskingum men's soccer team next travel to Wooster, OH to take on Wooster on Saturday, September 21. Game time is set for 12:00 p.m. at John P. Papp Stadium.