Aug 30, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team earned a season-opening victory and a first career win for Head Coach Adam Ponder as they beat Pitt-Greensburg on Friday night, 2-1.
- Records: Muskingum (1-0), Pitt.-Greensburg (0-1)
- Location: Greensburg, PA- Ridilla Field
- The Muskies got the scoring underway with a late first half goal from freshman Sujit Khatiwoda in the 42nd minute. The tally was his first career goal.
- Junior Logan Gray added to the scoring with a second half goal in the 67th minute to give the Muskies a 2-0 lead. The score as aided off an assist from sophomore Bailey Adams.
- Junior goalkeeper Damon Spaeth made two saves on the night in 90 minutes of action and earned his first win on the year between the pipes.
- The Muskies controlled the game outshooting Pitt.-Greensburg, 28-6.
- Freshman Edwin Palou led the Muskie attack with six shots, while Khatiwoda added four strikes. Gray, Adams, senior Chase Michael Hilliard, junior Jordan Work and sophomore Jeremiah Kusi each logged three shots.
- The loan goal from Pitt.-Greensburg came late in the second half from Carson Gilarno in the 86th minute to make it 2-1.
- Pitt.-Greensburg goalkeeper Will Miller had eight saves.
- Muskingum will look to earn another victory in their home opener against Wittenberg on Wednesday, September 4. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.