Apr 29, 2017
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team recorded a program-best 21 goals as they defeated Wilmington on Saturday afternoon in its season finale, 21-5.
- Records: Muskingum (7-10 overall, 3-5 OAC), Wilmington (2-13 overall, 1-6 OAC)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio - Williams Stadium
- Muskingum ended the 2017 season setting new school records for most wins overall and most wins in the Ohio Athletic Conference.
Inside the Numbers
- Junior Kaeleigh Norvet led the Muskie attack tying a program-best six goals.
- Junior Ashley Adams netted four goals, while junior Paige Watterman and junior Sydni Uhrig scored three goals each.
- As a team, Muskingum netted 21 goals on a season-best 43 shots.
- Junior Kate Shamel collected the win in frame playing all 60 minutes making four saves.
- Wilmington was led by Clara Blaine with a team-best three goals.
- In the first half, Muskingum netted six straight goals over a nine minute span to capture the 13-3 halftime advantage.
- The Muskies continued to have success on the offensive side of the field in the second half scoring eight goals en route to the 21-5 victory.
- The contest concluded the 2017 Muskie campaign.