Mar 13, 2019
The Muskingum University men's lacrosse team fell to the Washington & Jefferson Presidents on Wednesday night, 13-9.
- Records: Muskingum (2-3 overall), Washington & Jefferson (3-4 overall)
- Location: Washington, Pennsylvania - Alexandre Stadium
- Game Length: 2:07
- Senior Ryan Stacey and sophomore Josh Fletcher guided the Muskie attack with three goals each.
- Senior Tucker Haas tallied a team-best three assists along with one goal and four ground balls.
- Freshman Luke Swartz cashed in one goal and picked up four ground balls.
- Freshman Mason Kesler added one goal for the Muskies.
- Freshman Quentin Lawrence started the game in frame and made nine saves and allowed eight goals.
- Benjamin Ward led the Presidents with four goals on 18 shots.
- Pat Brunner and Alex Strain added three goals each.
- Noah Cohen played all 60 minutes in goal and made 10 saves and allowed nine goals.
- Washington & Jefferson jumped out to a 5-2 lead after the first quarter.
- The Presidents came out firing in the second quarter and scored five goals while the Muskies notched one, making it 10-3 at the break.
- Muskingum started to gain momentum in the third quarter, outscoring the Presidents 4-1 to bring the score to 11-7.
- In the fourth quarter, the Presidents scored first to extend their advantage to 12-7.
- Muskingum answered with two goals, cutting the deficit to three points.
- Despite the Muskies' charge, Washington & Jefferson managed to score another goal and halt Muskingum's comback bid.
- The Muskies next host Mount St. Joseph on Saturday, March 16. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.